Apply for a Grant
To review the application questions before you start, click here (please note, this is only for review purposes—applications must be submitted via the survey below).
IMA Foundation grant application link: https://imacorp.com/community/ima-foundation/. Click on “Please apply online here”.
We are pleased to announce the Bolton Foundation has moved to the IMA Foundation grant program. The IMA Foundation is part of IMA Financial Group, Bolton’s parent company. With this transition, there is power in greater collaboration and potential for higher grant funding levels in the long term, which ultimately benefits the communities where Bolton associates live and work. There are two opportunities for grant consideration with April 5 and October 5 deadlines. Please review the IMA Foundation grant guidelines online and feel free to submit your grant application if eligible. The IMA Foundation focus areas of community development, education, youth services, and multiculturalism still apply to California-based nonprofits. Maximum grant funding remains $10,000. Smaller, focused grant requests may have a higher likelihood of being funded.
Grant applications are due October 5 before 3:00 pm Pacific Time (5:00 pm Mountain Time).
- Signup and create login password.
- Look for email confirmation from YourCause.com (GrantsConnect).
- Once confirmed by email, login to YourCause.com (GrantsConnect) with email and password.
- Verify Your Account with security code emailed to you. Multi-factor authentication is important for security.
- Select Your Organization. Search for your 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- IMA Grants Quiz Eligibility. Scroll down to see IMA Foundation’s focus area. Once eligible, you will be taken to the grant application fields for completion.
- Follow prompts online to complete grant application.
Questions or comments regarding IMA Foundation grants? Contact us directly.
- The organization or program requesting funding must be a registered 501(c)3 with a valid tax ID.
- The organization or service for which funds are sought must be located California.
- The organization or program must benefit community development, education or youth services.
Grants must be used as either seed money for start-up programs or funding for existing programs.
Please note, the following are areas that do not qualify for grants:
- International organizations
- General expenses (overhead, travel, conferences, etc.)
- Political action committees, political causes or contributions to candidates
- Individuals – grants made directly to an individual, or grants made to an organization such as a school for the benefit of a specific individual