Our Grant Process
- Grant applications are accepted from mid-July to February 28, submissions received after this date will not be accepted.
- All grant recipients will be recognized and presented a grant funding check at our annual Throw Down event.
- The organization or program requesting funding must be a registered 501c (3) with a valid tax ID.
- The organization or service for which funds are sought must be located California.
- The organization or program must benefit community development, education or youth services.
Grants must be used as either seed money for start-up programs or funding for existing programs.
Please note, the following are areas that do not qualify for grants:
- International organizations
- General expenses (overhead, travel, conferences, etc.)
- Political action committees, political causes or contributions to candidates
- Individuals – grants made directly to an individual, or grants made to an organization such as a school for the benefit of a specific individual
Apply for a Grant
Interested in empowering a nonprofit? Grant applications are accepted from Mid-July to February 28.
To review the application questions before you start, click here (please note, this is only for review purposes—applications must be submitted via the survey below).